The following is a list of rules that is expected of all bar tenders.
They are the most important principles and skills needed to be a great bar tender, and they should never, EVER be violated.
- I. Thou shall always, ALWAYS keep the Bar Top Clean & sticky free.
- II. Thou shall keep your Cool under pressure (Yes, even when the patrons are hootin’ and hollerin’ like a hog caller in heat.)
- III. Thou shall be able to take a minimum of three drink orders at a time
- IV. Thou shall Never ever count Tips in front of customers. (Seriously. Really, I’m not kidding. It’s tacky.)
- V. Thou shall leave all dramatic substances and bullshit at the Door.
- VI. Thou shall treat each customer like a Royalty.
- VII. Thou shall have a sense of humor, an outstanding personality and great LISTENER (SHUT UP once in awhile and let THEM talk…)
- VIII. Thou shall always use speed and efficiency when mixing any cocktail
- IX. Thou shall always remain organized and CLEAN UP behind their bar.
- X. Thou shall use both hands at all times. (Two is better than one.)